Thursday, March 26, 2009

Calling or Catharsis?





The one thing that I do struggle with from time to time is whether my desire to become a pastor is a calling or just simply catharsis. Catharsis is defined in the dictionary as "a purging of emotional tensions". I do know that I am going through a lot right now and it has pretty much been one thing after the other. But I do know that certain circumstances have occurred which have changed my whole entire perspective on a lot of things. I currently teach school, but I feel that I was eating, drinking and breathing that and did not leave any room for my faith, for God. I think the best thing to do right now to find the whirlwind of emotions is to look at examples in the Bible. Jesus, the Apostle Paul, and a lot of other people all got discouraged but they handled it in a godly manner, and that's what I need to do also.

No comments: